Kickboard per diem coaches guide fellow school leaders to cultivate the right mindsets, implement researched-based systems and practices that support positive behavior, and act on behavior data in order to create sustainable change in school culture. As a School Culture Coach you will work directly with school leaders, meeting them where they are on their journeys toward excellence and moving them continuously toward their culture goals by following the Kickboard Culture Data Cycle.
As our demand for services rises, you will be selected to facilitate onsite planning sessions with school leaders or lead training from the Kickboard Professional Services Framework. Our ideal applicant passionately values school culture as a critical component for learning.
Since our founding, Kickboard has worked to give educators the tools they need to create safe and happy schools where students and staff thrive. Given that the vast majority of our schools are comprised predominantly of students of color, it should not be surprising that the culture and climate work we do with schools inevitably intersects with issues of race and disproportionality in discipline. Promoting equity is a priority for Kickboard and we are intentional about situating the work we do that the intersection of school climate, cultural relevance, restorative practices, and racial equity.
Kickboard supports our nation’s most deserving schools. 97% of our schools receive Title I funding, and a large percentage of the children we serve are minority and come from poverty. Our work of helping to build joyful, safe havens for students to learn and thrive is much more than just a job, it’s a mission.
Experience:This person has successful experience teaching in a K-12 classroom and has served in a school and/or district leadership role. This person should have experience leading data-driven change within a school organization and a proven track record for creating positive school cultures. Experience with the Kickboard software is not required but is a plus.
- Excellent group facilitation and engagement skills
- Familiarity and experience with technology
- Strong coaching and collaboration skills
- Ability to use data to drive planning, action, and monitoring
- Willingness to travel overnight
- Competitive daily rate of pay
- Schedule based on your availability
- Paid travel expenses
- Retention of travel loyalty rewards
- Work alongside colleagues who love to learn and grow
Special Note: This is a home-based, per diem role. Some seasons are busier than others due to traditional K-12 calendars. While the daily rate provides consultants a very healthy income supplement, applicants should not expect a consistent income stream with this position.
How to Apply:Please submit your resume and a cover letter that includes the following:
- How your background would benefit school leaders needing to manage culture change.
- Why you want to be a School Culture Coach at Kickboard.
- The content of an email you’d send to a school leader who has read one of our most recent blogs and wants help implementing the highlighted practice in his/her school.